July 2, 2011

If it works.....

I started this post back on May 23rd and thought it would be a good idea to finish it since the T.V. commercial that I used for my idea is barely seen any more......the one where the people come home to find themselves robbed but the thieves had left the computer because it was so old. Now, of course, I would not want that to happen to anyone - it's got to be just terrible! However, when I catch that commercial, I have to admit that I cannot control a giggle because I KNOW that if someone ever broke into this place, the same would no doubt happen to us.


Meet our desktop computer. Now, I think you might understand where I'm coming from. Yes, it is really GINORMOUS. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it's bigger than the one on the commercial. We've always had big computers....I don't know why, but we have. I dread any time that we might have to take it in for a service call; it's a real 'back-breaker' to lift and to set it in the car so it doesn't tip over is a real challenge. What thief of any experience or reputation would bother getting this out of the house. I mean, aren't they usually in a rush when they bust into some place? And, as far as I know, they don't bring dollies with them to move stuff. I would think that his fellow thieves would laugh him right out of the business if the word got around that he actually 'lifted' this. So, I think we might be safe on that point because after looking at the screen that goes with it, there is definitely no way that they would bother.....



Meet our computer screen. Yes, it is one of the older versions....you know, the ones that weigh about 30 lbs. and take up a lot of space because of their HUGE backs. Along with the computer, that adds up to a lot of weight to be lugging around, especially if you are under a time crunch. And, besides the computer system, I really don't think we have anything to worry about when it comes to our television sets either.......

Meet one of our three T.V.s....front and back. Uh-huh...you are not seeing things. We, in this household, have a theory when it comes to electronics. "If it still works, don't replace it". Unfortunately, they made them to last back then so we can only look at the new flat screen models in the stores and dream of the day when we might have one. I've often thought....what if I was to move it while dusting and it fell and smashed into pieces....would that mean that we would get a new one. Naw.....Grandpa would just relocate one of the others into its space.  After all, the others are STILL working! Oh, and yes, it does have a remote....all of them do. After all, we're not THAT far behind the times.


As you can see, it's a pretty good chance that our electronics are safe from being 'burgled'. But then on the flip side, I would not be able to put pictures on my blog without our dinosaur of a computer. It actually has an A drive which I NEED since I have the first digital camera ever made (it weighs about 4 lbs.) and you record your photos on a floppy disk and I need to download them, right? Yeah, yeah....I think we have two digital cameras that were made in this century but I don't know how to use them and I don't want to learn how to use them....I mean why should I when the old one still works???

As you know, our house is on the market. Can you see a couple coming through this house and Mrs. saying to Mr. "Oh, honey....look at their computer and T.V.s. They must REALLY be poor. Maybe we should buy their house."  Yeah, we should be so lucky. Chances are they are probably laughing all the way back to their cars.

No comments: